Planting & Care
When to Plant
This map shows the ideal fall planting windows for the United States. Please note the following:
- Bulbs that flower in spring must be planted in fall. There is no getting around this requirement.
- Bulbs should be planted when the soil has cooled to about 55°F. Bulbs need cool soil to make roots before the onset of winter.
- You have about 8 weeks to plant after the first frost. As long as the ground is not frozen, you can still plant bulbs.
- Colorblends can meet your fall planting schedule. During checkout, you will have an opportunity to select a delivery week. Delivery will occur during that week. We don’t promise delivery on a particular day.
- Note: You don’t have to select a delivery week. You can leave it up to us. We will deliver at the right time for planting in your area.